The Hottest Kitchen Appliance of 2021: The Air Fryer
Are you looking for a faster, healthier way to cook food? Do you want to enjoy the crisp texture and the taste of fried foods without the excessive calories and fatty oils? The air fryer is currently the hottest trend in America. An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air using a robust fan. It is basically a little convection oven that leaves your food tasting fried without the oil needed using a traditional stove or oven. Air fryers are also great at reheating food without losing the crispiness your food had the evening before. All of this is possible in a fraction of the time as air fryers safely reach high temperatures in as little as three minutes.
But with all the air fryers on the market, which fryer is best for you? That depends as air fryers vary, available in different sizes and offering different functions. While most air fryers can cook everything from frozen food, vegetables, meat and fish, their specs vary. Are you interested in a large air fryer due to having a large family or generous kitchen space? Do you live alone or in a small space thus requiring something with a smaller footprint? Maybe you would prefer a basic fryer without all the bells and whistles or a fryer boasting multiple uses, capable of dehydrating or cooking rotisserie style food as well. Due to the vast amount of air fryers on the market you are sure to find one that meets your specific needs.
Benefits of an Air Fryer
The benefits of cooking with an air fryer are a strong incentive for purchasing one in 2021. And the biggest benefit is the health benefit of cooking with and consuming less fatty oil. Air fryers take just a tablespoon of oil, if any. This is a huge plus for your heart health and helping you manage weight loss. With this, less is more approach, you will also benefit from having a lower LDL cholesterol intake. A lower LDL intake will result in there being less chance of disease or stroke. Using an air fryer also reduces the amount of acrylamide in your food, which is especially present in potatoes and grains. Starches and grains are a guilty pleasure for many Americans but could be consumed in a much healthier way using an air fryer. Another plus to cooking with low oil is you will have a far lesser chance of fire while cooking. Fire is always a possibility when using oil on the stove, but fire is a rare occurrence when cooking with this appliance.
Another enticing benefit to cooking with an air fryer is convenience. Cooking with this appliance is both fast and efficient. Your air fryer will reach 350degrees in only three minutes, cooking faster, requiring less energy. This is due to the strong fan circulating the hot air from its heat source. They are also efficient as you can fry, cook and bake without ever turning on your kitchen stove/oven. This machine is also easy to master, they have clear and easy to read buttons and most come with a recipe book. You can cook anything in an air fryer. You can make chicken tenders and French fries for the kids, cook their favorite frozen foods or heat up their left over pizza from the night before. They are also great for cooking vegetables, beef, poultry and fish. You can even bake cookies or a cake using your air fryer.
Top Air Fryer Dishes:Here are just a few of the top options for cooking with your air fryer. For those of you who are interested in using your air fryer to whip up some delicious air fried chicken tenders, there are dozens of recipes out there. A great option for simple air fried chicken tenders only requires chicken (Pre-cut tenders or chicken breast), salt, pepper, 2 large eggs, breadcrumbs, panko, and olive oil spray. We suggest you check out this recipe if you are excited to try out your new Air Fryer. If you are looking for a pork or beef air fryer recipe, you can certainly find one. Our recommendation for air fried pork can be found here.
Top 7 Air Fryers on the Market
- Ninja AF100-$129.00-Suitable for two people. One of the sturdier models on the market. Does not get as hot to the touch as other models and it cooks evenly. Features a multi-function display that is easy to use. It can reheat, roast and dehydrate. The fry basket included with this air fryer is ceramic coated to prevent sticking, making it easy to clean. Does not come with accessories.
- Crux 2.6–qt. Touchscreen Air Convection Fryer-$99.00 Suitable for up to six portions. It is considered the most ideal size on the market. Stainless steel element that heats quickly and keeps temperature consistent. Can cook up to 400degree temperatures for up to 60 minutes. The outside stays cool. Features touchscreen using a digital display. This model comes with a light basket that is easy to maneuver.
- GoWise USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-one Electric Air Fryer XL-$90. Suitable for 8-10 portions. Six piece accessories (8-inch baking pan, 8-inch pie/pizza pan, insert rack, insert rack with three skewers, toasting/warming rack, silicone pot holder). 8 cooking presets. 50 recipes. Fries, bakes, grills and roasts. This model comes with an extra large basket. It is easy to clean. Easy to understand functions. It is modern and sleek and lights up in blue graphics.
- Chefman TurboFry 6.3 qt. Digital Air Fryer-$119.00. This is one of the most expensive air fryers on the market but also one of the quietest. Sleek appearance. 8 touch screen presets. It fries, roasts, dehydrates & bakes. Auto shutoff. Accessories included.
- Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer-$199.00. Shaped like a little oven and not cone shaped like the other models, it is wide and shallow, allowing you to fit more food in it. Full size toaster oven with air fryer. Cooks larger amounts of food. Has a 4-1 function, allowing you to fry, bake, broil and toast. Accessories Include: oven rack, baking pan, air fryer basket.
- Philips Compact Airfryer XXL-$299.00. Extra large, for cooking extra large quantities. Can cook a whole chicken. Removable basket and easy to clean.
- Dash Compact Electric Air Fryer-$49.00. Smallest air fryer of the group. It cooks smaller quantities and has a much smaller footprint. These are great for small kitchens or RV travel.